Infant Swim Classes
So we started swim classes at 5 months old. Baby B love the water and has no issue with being splashed, wet or in large areas of water. I was not this way. I would never consider myself a fish, but my husband and baby are fishes all the way!
Living in SoCal there are beaches and pools everywhere I also believe water education can’t start early enough. The neat thing is babies have an innate reflex that allows them to go underwater and hold their breath for a short period of time, it’s called the bradycardia response. This only lasts util they are about six months.
Some people are not into swim classes with infants others like myself are. Again its up to you as the parent what you want to do or not to do with your children. Of course you need to go to an accredited swim school, that is safe and professional.
For me here are the TOP 6 reasons why I LOVE infant swim class with my daughter:
- 1. It’s an activity we can do together, that she is the focus.
- 2. It’s in water in summer which is fantastic in our hot climate.
- 3. She love the water, and when we go to class she laughs and lights up with excitement.
- 4. It’s an activity that is also building safe practices in water for both her and me.
- 5. Time with other Moms and kids in her age group.
- 6. Building my confidence in the water with the baby.
Living in San Diego we are using the Noonan swim school and recommend it so far. We will continue the classes into the fall/ winter as she really does love them.
Don’t mind my messy bun and no makeup look, this class is not the place to even bother with doing ones hair…
Swim diaper by Honest.com.
Tags: 5 months old, babies, baby, classes, infant, infant swim, safety classes, swim
Comments are closed.